Breathe has licensing rights available NOW
* Rent the film for a one-time screening at a special event, or buy it for unlimited use by a clinic or organization on our Pivotshare Channel.
* When you rent or buy the film, you also gain complimentary access to our behind the scenes videos, and interviews with our key cast and crew discussing the film.
Have a question, or want to talk about how you can watch or screen the film? CONTACT US TODAY.
Want to rent the film for a personal viewing, or rent or buy rights to screen the film for a group or with clients? CLICK HERE.
Breathe is an 8 1/2 min short film created to provide therapists and counselors with a useful tool to facilitate clients dealing with grief and loss. We all experience grief. We all want to recover. Breathe is a tool to help with the healing process.
HOW BREATHE CAN HELP
* Viewing the film may allow the client to begin an internal dialogue, that can encourage conversation in session.
* Hesitant clients may find it easier to externalize discussion of their feelings in conversation about how the characters feel or react, before discussing their own response to grief.
WHY BREATHE WORKS
* The film is ideal for hour-long sessions, allowing practitioner and client alike a break from the traditional therapy format, while still allotting time for discussion.
*The film has proven effective, reaching those who feel alone and isolated, and reminds all of us that there is no "right" way to grieve.
* The strategic lack of dialogue and powerful original score and sound design allow clients to see and feel the film deeply. It allows clients to access the film on a less cerebral, more visceral level.
* Modern clients tend to prefer video, to simply reading or listening. Young and old clients, alike, respond to the visual format.
Executive Producer Neil Wells, Producer Shanna Forrestall, Director/DP Michael Liu, Composer Carlos Garza and Starring Escalante Lundy and Shanna Forrestall, with a special appearance by artist Jennifer Awad
The Breathe Story
“In 2014 I experienced one of the worst betrayals of my life. The months following that event were dark, to say the least. I went through a time of deep grieving.
Breathe is not my personal story. But it is definitely an analogy, and a story of love and loss. It looks at the fragility of our humanity and how, when we suffer a loss, we often feel isolated and can hardly carry on.
Breathe was born in pain and ends with the triumph of learning to let it go. I hope it will impact our audiences the way it has our devoted and hardworking cast and crew. I look forward to sharing this story with the world.”
Shanna Forrestall - Writer, Producer, Actress
“I fell in love with this project as soon as I read the original script and couldn’t wait to see it come to fruition. The story of a journey guided by the spirit world watching over captivated me. The power of the script captures this perfectly. I love this film and know you will too.”
- Neil Wells, Executive Producer
LEARN MORE ABOUT BREATHE FROM THE FILM'S KEY CREW
Got Questions? Or want to view the film to see if it's right for your team? Contact us now.