Last Time I Checked I Was a Lover
Wow, life is busy and sometimes the busier I get the harder it is to stay open, kind and empathetic.
I try to check in with myself regularly, and it's important. The speed of life and the first world frustrations of traffic, technology and a society that feeds on fake news, can make it hard to maintain balance, but I have set a life goal of staying as kind as possible, as often as possible.
When I feel stressed and feel myself getting snappy, these are a few things that help me.
1. Turn off technology. Even a 10-minute break from the phone or computer can make a world of difference.
2. Take time for tea. I shut it all down and brew myself a cup of non-caffeinated tea that I sip slowly.
3. A mini-meditation. Even focusing on my breath for 2-5 minutes can settle down my nerves, heart rate and help me to refocus.
4. Walk it out. I love walking outside, so since I work at home sometimes just a few circles in my yard or a stroll in my neighborhood can get me back on track.
5. Pet therapy works. My little boy Beau is a source of constant smiles. He always makes me happy and taking a few minutes to pet him or watch him play, can completely change my day!
I'd love to hear your tips on staying in the "love" zone when life gets a little crazy.